- William Shakespeare wrote 37 plays.
- There were 37 concerts in Michael Jackson's "Victory Tour" in summer 1984.
- Michael Jackson's album "Thriller" was #1 for 37 weeks on the Billboard
- There were 37 public land-grant institutions created within 10 years of
Abraham Lincoln's signing of the Morrill Act.
- Before tumbling out of control, the Soviet probe Phobos 2 sent 37 color
photos of the Martian surface back to Earth.
- From 37th American President Richard Nixon's resignation speech: "This
is the 37th time I have spoken to you from this office."
- Abraham Lincoln was first elected to the House of Representatives at
- The NASA shuttle (?) and the Soviet space station Mir came within 37
feet of each other.
- In Netscape Navigator there are 37 hierarchical menus available in the
- Joshua Slocum, in 1895 the first person to sail solo around the world,
did so in a 37-foot sailboat.
- The 15th American Constitutional Amendment was ratified by 3/4 of the
37 states in existence on 30 March 1870.
- The only American President to resign from office was #37.
- "Hollywood Madam" Heidi Fleiss was sentenced to 37 months in prison.
- Tipper the cat disappeared on his owner's 37th birthday.
- 1937 was the most horrid year in terms of Stalinistic Repressions.
- The Hindenburg took 37 seconds to burn (in 1937).
- Hannibal brought 37 elephants with him on his conquest of Rome.
- Amelia Earhart disappeared in 1937.
- 37 people were killed in the crash of USAir 1016, summer 1994.
- It took 37 years to build the
Kansas State Capitol.
- A certain
Nine-Men's Morris-like solitaire game has 37 holes.
- The French rocket
Ariane 5 blew up on 4 June 1996, 37 seconds into its flight.
- Lycos and Bertelsmann launched a series of "navigation centers"
in 37 European countries.
- In 1984 only 37 of the 50 available KU student tickets to the
Big 8 basketball tournament were sold.
- There were 37 entrants in the 1988 Year-End Loud Voices Contest
- Prior to marriage, Adolf Hitler's mother lived at peasant
holding number 37 in Spital, Austria.
- The reign of Emporer Gaius Caesar Augustus Germanicus (Caligula)
began (and correspondingly, the reign of Emporer Tiberius ended) in
- Lean women who exercise for at least four hours per week are 37%
less likely to suffer breast cancer.
- MCI was bought by
WorldCom for $37 billion.
- The cut-off for the top 10 in
MATHCOUNTS of 1996-97 was 37.
- Some famous poets including Byron, Majakovsky, Rimbaud and Pushkin
died at age 37 (Pushkin in 1837).
- Another poet who died at age 37 was Dylan Thomas.
- INXS member Michael Hutchence died at age 37. (News:
- Bobbi McCaughey, the mother of the world's first surviving
septuplets, spent 37 days in the hospital when she had the babies.
- Monica Lewinsky was cleared to enter the White House 37 times
between the time she left her staff job there in April 1996 to work at
the Pentagon and December 1997.
- 37% of all ships sunk by U-boats in WWII were sunk by type IX
Paula Jones' declaration in her lawsuit against Bill
Clinton has 37 items.
- 37 seconds elapsed between the sighting of the iceberg and its
collision with the Titanic.
- J. Bruce Ismay (head of White Star Lines during the Titanic days)
died in 1937 at age 74.
- The NSA's
project lasted 37 years.